The Symantec Web Security Service team is pleased to announce a new point-of-presence (POP) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (GAEAD1) which will replace the POP in Dubai (GAEDX1) and will be available to all customers at no extra cost. GAEDX1 will be decommissioned on May 15, 2021.
Please note that the new POP (GAEAD1) will use new IP addresses. The IP addresses for the site in Dubai (GAEDX1) will be retired when it is decommissioned on May 15th and will no longer be used by WSS in any way. Please carefully review the information below to avoid disruption of service. Designation:
GAEAD1General Availability Date:
April 29, 2021Ingress IP Addresses for All Access Methods:
• 184.108.40.206 - NEW
• 220.127.116.11 - TO BE DECOMMISSIONED MAY 15, 2021Egress IP Addresses:
• 18.104.22.168/24 - NEW
• 22.214.171.124/24 - TO BE DECOMMISSIONED MAY 15, 2021Required Action
Prior to the general availability date:
• Firewall rules regulating connectivity to/from your network to WSS should be adjusted to allow traffic to pass to the new IP network listed above.
• Third party applications that regulate connections by source IP address should be updated to accept connections from the new egress IP network listed above to ensure traffic proxied through WSS can reach the application.
Failure to make these changes could prevent users from connecting to WSS, accessing third party web applications, or authenticating against the service using the Auth Connector (where applicable).
• IPsec: Customers should update their tunnel configurations to point to the new ingress IP address for the new POP as soon as it is generally available. This must be done before the existing POP is decommissioned on May 15, 2021.
• WSS Agent, SEP Agent, and Unified Agent: Agent traffic will be automatically redirected to the new POP. No action is required.
• Explicit proxy and proxy forwarding: Customers directing traffic to proxy.threatpulse.net will be automatically redirected to the new POP. No action is required.
Please visit these KB articles for a full list of IP networks used by WSS:
Worldwide POP IP addresses:https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH242979
Authentication IP addresses:https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH240889Reporting Problems
Experiencing issues? Contact technical support by visiting: https://support.broadcom.com/security
For service status and maintenance updates visit and subscribe to Broadcom Service Status: https://wss.status.broadcom.com