The Symantec Web Security Service team is pleased to announce our newest point-of-presence (POP) in Melbourne, Australia (GAUME). The POP was engineered to service customers in the Australia southeast region and features:
• Resilient, high-availability architecture
• Interconnections with CDNs, application providers, and regional ISPs
• Integration into our private high-speed backbone network
• Availability to all customers at no extra costGeneral Availability Date:
January 13, 2022Designation:
GAUMEIngress IP Addresses by Access Method:
• IPSec, SEP Agent, explicit, and proxy-forwarding: 188.8.131.52
• WSS Agent and Unified Agent: 184.108.40.206Egress IP Addresses:
• 220.127.116.11/24Required Action
Prior to the general availability date:
• Firewall rules regulating connectivity to/from your network to WSS should be adjusted to allow traffic to pass to the IP networks listed above.
• Third party applications that regulate connections by source IP address should be updated to accept connections from the Egress IP networks listed above to ensure traffic proxied through WSS can reach the application.
Failure to make these changes could prevent users from connecting to WSS, accessing third party web applications, or authenticating against the service using the Auth Connector (where applicable).
• IPsec: Customers wishing to use the new POP can do so at any time after the general availability date.
• WSS Agent, SEP Agent, and Unified Agent: Agent traffic will be automatically redirected to the new POP where appropriate. No action is required.
• Explicit proxy and proxy forwarding: Customers directing traffic to proxy.threatpulse.net will be automatically redirected to the new POP where appropriate. No action is required.
Please visit these KB articles for a full list of IP networks used by WSS:https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH242979Technical Support
Experiencing issues? Contact technical support by visiting: https://support.broadcom.com/security
For service status and maintenance updates visit and subscribe to Broadcom Service Status: https://wss.status.broadcom.com