As part of the previously announced
final phase of WSS migration to Google Cloud, Broadcom will perform a service-wide migration of its Web Security Cloud Reporting Service, starting May 12, 2021 at 01:00 UTC and completing on May 21, 2021, at 02:00 UTC.
The migration process will be performed in daily batches designed to minimize customer impact. Each customer will be migrated completely within one maintenance window, based on this region-specific schedule:
• Americas - between 01:00 UTC and 07:00 UTC
• EMEA - between 19:00 UTC and 01:00 UTC (the following day)
• APAC - between 14:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC Impact
This will be a live migration with very limited customer impact. Real-time traffic filtering will not be impacted. During the maintenance period, WSS reporting and log download API transactions may experience:
• Temporary disruption for reports executed during a migration period.
• Temporary reporting gaps for up to the most recent 6 hours of activity prior to the migration.
• Customer traffic access logs, both on-premises or cloud, that were ingested by the reporting service up to 6 hours prior to the migration window may be delayed by several hours.
• Active log download sessions may experience a brief disruption, which can be resolved by retrying the download.
• Log downloads using WSS log download APIs may experience temporary data gaps, spanning a few minutes, while the service switches between the old environment and the new environment. Any coverage gaps will automatically be resolved within 6 hours of the conclusion of the migration window.Required Action:
No customer action is required.
If your organization downloads logs, following the migration maintenance window please review for potential data gaps. As described above, any gap (if present) will be minimal and a re-download of that hour via the WSS Portal interface will be complete. Schedule:
• Start time: May 12, 2021, at 01:00 UTC
• End time: May 21, 2021, at 02:00 UTC Support
Questions? Contact technical support by visiting: https://support.broadcom.com/security
For service status and maintenance updates visit and subscribe to Broadcom Service Status: https://wss.status.broadcom.com